Day 3 Give Him the Best of You
The challenge today from Proverbs 31 Ministries is is Make it a point to give your spouse the best of you: the best of your touch, the best of your (good) attitude, the best of your laughter, the best of your words, etc. Don’t always bring them what’s left of you after the world has drained you.
Looking back over the years of marriage, I see many ways that I rocked out this challenge and many times that I was the opposite of this challenge for days.
The ways I rocked it out…..
- My children knew Dad ruled in my heart. He was my king (earthly of course)
- I always had his back. You talk about “the wrath of Wife” Don’t attack my hubby. I might come after you.
- Always made sure our family and our marriage was intact when we were out and about. What does that mean? I made sure we represented my husband
The ways I failed miserably…..
- My children knew Dad ruled in my heart.
- I always had his back with anything that might come up.
- We always represented him out in public.
Yes, you read them right, they both are the same list but just reads a little different. Everything I did great early in our marriage… well sometimes even up to lately, wasn’t giving the best to my husband. It was just making him look like he was the best to the world.
I don’t know about your husband but my husband would rather spend a night with me sitting next to him watching football. This makes him feel like he is #1. So here is the ways I am going to put my husband first this week.
- Make sure he has my attention when he is talking to me. Eye contact and response is big in Gregg’s eyes. He feels affirmed when I engage him in conversation with eye contact and responding in conversation.
- Ask him what he thinks about decisions that I take for granted that I know what he would choose.
- Wear my makeup and fix my hair. That means don’t throw my hair up in a ponytail and don’t just put on mascara. This sounds petty but if I do this to go out with friends, I should do it when I am spending time with him.
- Get up earlier in the mornings to juice our breakfast. Gregg loves to drink a juice before he starts the day. Maybe 1 day a week I get this done for him. This would score with him if I chose to start my day serving him breakfast that he wants.
Bottom line, you guy wants to feel and know he is your number one. He wants to know that above anyone else here on earth you would choose him over and over. You would rather spend your days with him than any other.