DIY Thrifty Easy Christmas Gift Idea #4 is how to make earrings out of paperclips. These are so easy and so CUTE!!! When I saw these over at Evie-s, I knew I had to make these for some Christmas presents.
What you will need:
- 2 Paperclips
- 2 Earring hooks and hoop
- string or yarn
- tacky glue or liquid stitch
What to do:
- unfold the paperclips to where they are a triangle shape. There will be the ends over lapping just a little but when you do the string, it won’t show.
- wind the string or thread all the way around the paperclip to cover the metal or the paperclip ( See Picture 1)
- Start wrapping the paperclip from the string. Use the glue to help hold the string when you are going around the curves . (see picture 2)
- Take your earring hoop and clamp it on the top of the triangle.
- Attach the earring hook to the hoop
Whaa laaa.. .. you have some cute trendy earrings. Just think you can do one of every color. I am thinking maybe some metallic white thread to do a pair.
I think I will have to make a double pair of each one because I am going to want to keep a pair for myself.