i love to open my home and share it with others. Entertaining and hospitality has been breeded into me from my mom. If you entertain a lot, it could add up to be expensive if you are not careful. Here are a grew tips to help get your home ready for spring entertaining and it will cost you very little.
- Move your living room furniture around. During the winter you might have your furniture focused around the fireplace, take the focus off the fireplace. This will give the room a new look without any cash out of pocket.
- Let the light into the house. Pull back the heavy drapes that has served as insulation through the winter. Let the sun in. If you have sheers, use them and give the heavy drapes a break.
- Give those fake plants new life. Take the rubber plants outside and give them a good spray. You can even take some furniture polish and rub the leaves to give them a shine.
- Bring the outside in. Bring in some garden furniture or potted plants. Put a vase of fresh cut flowers in areas that people will be. The smell and the pop of color will make the house look and smell wonderful.
- Clean the clutter up. Less is more. Take everything down off the shelves and give then a full cleaning. Only return minimum back to the shelves. Make the room look lighter and fresh with less.
- Concentrate on the foyer and front door. Make your front door scream welcome. Put up a fresh wreath or sign on your door that is bright and colorful. Make your front door and foyer make people welcome from the first step into your home.
These are just a few ideas , but it is ones that will help you get started preparing your house to entertain. I can’t wait for spring to get here. We are still freezing here in the bluegrass state.