Freezer Cooking for College Students
Ryne is off now to college and is starting his junior year in a new home. Ryne and 3 other guys are renting a home. With him not being in the dorms, he doesn’t have a meal plan now. I am now looking into ways to help him have good meals that I can fix and take for him to have in his freezer to fix quick. Freezer Cooking is the way I think will be the biggest help. When Jordan moved into her apartment during college, I knew she could cook healthy meals for herself. She was prepared to do this…. Ryne might need a little more coaching.
Tonight I fixed a 8 X 8 Pan of Spaghetti Bake. I made this with the left overs from having regular spaghetti from our evening meal.
Here is what I did.
- Cooked spaghetti sauce how we enjoy it. I used ground beef and Hunts spaghetti sauce.
- Cooked the spaghetti noodles and drained and rinsed.
- I sprayed the 8 X 8 disposable pan with olive oil spray.
- I put the noodles in the pan and then spread the sauce onto the noodles.
- Cover with the type of cheese that you like. The cheese that is more moist is better for freezing.
I covered the pan with a double layer of foil and then wrapped in plastic wrap. Underneath the top layer of plastic wrap I placed a label with the name of the dish and how to cook it.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Take off plastic wrap
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes until heated all the way through.